Do I Need a Subwoofer in My Car?
The main function of the subwoofer is to increase the quality of sound and it helps to provide powerful bass and quality that makes music interesting and everyone want to enjoy this function in the music. Now a day’s lot of people like fun and entertainment during traveling expect few of others!
But the people who want fun and entertainment are confused and asking questions that can we enjoy high-quality bass with music without a subwoofer or “Do I need a subwoofer in my car?” I am sure, a lot of people who like music but those are unaware of the basics of subwoofers.
Yes, you need a subwoofer in your car. With a good quality car subwoofer, you will experience a powerful bass with enhanced music quality. Subwoofers work best when attached with good quality speakers.
Do I Need a Subwoofer in My Car?
If you are really interested in music with high-quality sound and powerful bass then you must have a subwoofer, but do you know the basics of a subwoofer?
For those people how don’t know the basics of subwoofer I can discuss shortly the basics before moving forward. First, the important thing that you should know is the subwoofers sizes, and the size of a subwoofer is a very important thing.
Let me inform you about the first basic thing that car woofers are available in a different size that comes in 8 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches, and 15 inches usually. If you want a small size then 8 inches or you want larger size then 15 inches you can always go for a customized version according to space available in your car and its also depend on your budget.
Best subwoofer in a car will provide you best base and high-quality music that you are looking for. I am Sundown Audio 10-Inch car subwoofer that delivers powerful and deep bass, click here to buy it from Amazon.
Todays’s question is related to your own choice and the answer should depend on your own interest. I want to give you a recommendation for buying a subwoofer only if you like high-quality bass for music and you regularly use long drives. I personally like high-quality sound with bass when I go for a long drive or even normal drive sometimes, because I am interested in music.
Some of the people want to buy subwoofers for cars but those are confused to decide which subwoofers are the best for cars. For those people here are some important tips and points that would help you to choose the best subwoofers for cars in 2019.
Checklist for Buying Car Subwoofers
- It is a very first and important point to know the compatibility of your Car stereos with which you are going to offer your woofers.
- Another important point before buying woofer knows about the compatibility of the amplifier with the subwoofer that you are using in your car.
- If you want to use a powerful subwoofer for your car then you should have powerful batteries to make them function like a pro.
- It is important to read the instruction manual thoroughly which you get with new woofers.
- Keep the instruction manual safe in your car dashboard storage box to quickly troubleshooting of your woofers whenever you encounter some problem during a long drive of trips with fellows.
- Before choosing the size of the subwoofer check and measure the space available in your car. If you have small the car then the 8-inch subwoofer is best for your car, you can install it easily and it requires less space.
- You should have a car receiver with all features that are compulsory for the subwoofer to function well.
- Properly check the subwoofer sensitivity rating before buying, and you must have to know about the voice coils numbers and power usage also.
- Subwoofer impedance should be check properly before buying.
These are some important points that you should have to consider before buying the best subwoofers for cars. If you have ticked all points of the above checklist then now it’s time to install subwoofers in your car that will be giving you the ultimate high-quality music experience with quality bass that you are looking for.
The Costs of the Subwoofers
This is the important point that makes you confuse when you want to invest in subwoofers for your car is the price tag. Everyone wants to buy the best quality brands that deliver good quality sound with powerful bass.
I want to tell you that nowadays the market is filled with a lot of big brands that provide crap to the customers. I personally have experienced with some brands that performance is just zero.
Suggestion before Buying Subwoofers
It is my suggestion that you keep your budget in your mind, don’t compromise with the price of subwoofers, a lot of crap local sellers are selling the low rated products with a high price to make people fool, so beware from this kind of fraud. You should have to check buyers reviews and the product reviews before finalizing the item.
Another most common issue that makes a buyer confuse is the size of subwoofers. Get, subwoofers are used for music not to fill the car space. Simply select any size of subwoofers according to space available in your car. If you have powered car subwoofers, you must know how to install it with the factory stereo.
I personally use an 8-inch subwoofer for my car and also have a 10-inch subwoofer in my other Honda car and both are working perfectly.
Some of my fellows are satisfied with 6×9 car speakers that provide quality sound without using a subwoofer.
What does a subwoofer do in a car?
Here I will explain that what does a subwoofer do in a car and why you need subwoofers attached to your car stereo.
- If you like music with high-quality sound then you need a subwoofer attached with your car stereo, when you will use a subwoofer with the car stereo you will experience ultimate high-quality sound with bass like never before.
- The subwoofer is a huge driver that’s considered to play low frequencies, in the 20 Hz to 200 Hz. The frequency of those waves depends on how fast the speaker’s cone vibrates. Low frequency is the field of subwoofer and bass is one of the examples.
- Best subwoofers on the market in 2019 come with small and slim size having a compact design and those are more powerful. You can even buy 12-inch or 15-inch subwoofers for your cars that are specially designed for small cars. You can also buy under seat subwoofer with built-in amplifier.
- Subwoofers provide high-quality bass that improves the music listening experience.
- If you use door speakers with high volume with ultimate bass then you need subwoofers to reduce distortion, otherwise, quality of sound will be wasted.
Difference between the Woofers and the Subwoofers
Woofers and subwoofers both are pretty much similar in physical structure. The only difference is that both are designed to respond to a given range of frequencies.
Woofers and subwoofers both are made by fiberglass or aluminum materials that depend on the brand of woofers or subwoofers. The installation and fixing process of the woofer is same as well as a subwoofer. If you want to enhanced audio experience then subwoofers work best for you, it gives you high-quality bass sound, but woofers are also can perform well for you! Most people prefer subwoofers in cars for making their journey excited.
I personally use a subwoofer in my car which reproduces low-pitched audio frequencies known as bass. The frequency range for a subwoofer is around 20-200 Hz for users and it is below 100 Hz for professional live sound.
It’s my views that there is no stark difference between the woofers and subwoofers, both are used to reproduce low-frequency sound. Subwoofers reproduce a band of frequency below 30Hz and woofers produce above it. That’s mean subwoofers will provide more deep bass then woofers.
If you want to know my personal suggestion about the question “Do I need a Subwoofer in my car” then I will say Yes, you really need subwoofers in your car to make your journey enjoyable. I already say that I cannot long drive without quality sound music that is only possible with the best subwoofers and speakers.
Keep in mind that subwoofers will perform well only when you attach them with best quality speakers and a good amplifier. I am using an 8-inch subwoofer with 6.5-inch speaker and I am satisfied with the quality of sound and powerful bass.
If you want to ask something about the woofers, subwoofers or car stereo system or something related to this kind of things you are always welcome. I will give an answer to your questions and will try my best to solve your confusions.
Best of Luck.
Team – HowStereo.com
- Pioneer vs Kenwood
- Will Any Car Stereo Fit in My Car?
- How to Install Speakers in Car Trunk?
- Best Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass
- How to play Youtube Videos in Your Car?
- How to Play Video on Car Screen?
- How to get more bass out of your subwoofer?
- How to Install Tweeters to Head Unit?
- How To Break In A Subwoofer?
- Underseat Subwoofer vs Trunk Subwoofer
- How to Clean A Subwoofer?
- How to Adjust Car Stereo for Best Sound?
- How to connect a crossover to speakers?