How To Break In A Subwoofer?
This article is especially for those people who want to enhance their subwoofers sound by breaking in a subwoofer, but they don’t know, How to Break in a Subwoofer.
There are many benefits of breaking in a subwoofer, which I will explain in detail here. It seems a very complicated procedure but once you read this guide, you will know exactly how to do it.
This procedure requires your attention and also it is time-consuming. You can always do this on weekends or whenever you have a couple of hours to spare.
How To Break In A Subwoofer?
Breaking in a subwoofer is a better way to enhance the quality of sound and surely it provides best sound effects. Particular numbers of people say that breaking in the subwoofer is not a good process to enhance sound quality. I am using Rockville RW10CA 10 Inch Car Subwoofer, it delivers awesome sound with powerful bass.
Even the manufacturers also don’t recommend to break in subwoofers for better sound quality. But having the practical experience it is my opinion, that if a subwoofer has undergone by a break in method properly then its life span will be increased.
Tools Required to Break In a Subwoofer
If you want to break into a subwoofer then you should have some tools required for this purpose. I have compiled a checklist of tools for this purpose:
- You must have some sort of tone generation device to burn in subwoofers. I can be your mobile device. You must select the device before starting the procedure, you can use any spare mobile at home.
- You should have 3.5mm Jack which will be used to connect the mobile device with the amplifier.
- You also need enough strong surface to serve as an enclosure for a subwoofer system.
- An amplifier is compulsory for this process
- You should have all these along with a decent amount of time.
If you have checked all the above list, not its time to start breaking in a subwoofer for your required sound quality.
Step by Step Procedure for Breaking In a Subwoofer
In facts, the breaking in a subwoofer is a time taking procedure so you must have a decent amount of time to spend on this procedure.
Let me tell you that it is not an easy job to break in a subwoofer, it may be tough but only for beginners. It requires a lot of patience to do it along with practice to become you an expert. Before starting the procedure, access the enclosure of subwoofer.
The first thing you need an enclosure for subwoofers that must be compatible with your mobile device which you are using in this process. The mobile device should not produce vibration along with the vibration of the subwoofer and it must be inaudible.
Furthermore, it should be capable to get the required power from the amplifier and power supply must be complete. Keep in mind that you have to operate subwoofers at low frequency for a specific time period.
Now, after sustaining the subwoofer for a specific time now you can increase the volumes of your subwoofers gradually. When you adjust the volume, you will feel that effects are automatically going into your favor.
You will get experienced louder and more powerful sound with a minor adjustment in the settings. This is a simple procedure if you follow all the instructions properly. Once you have done this, you will experience an improved sound quality with enhanced bass.
Keep in mind that if you cannot be done the break in a subwoofer properly, then it may cause to burn the device or the coil.
Make sure that you have continuous signals because with low signals subwoofers cannot do proper function. If the signals are continuously distorted then it may be caused to heat up the coil. It can burn your system.
The components of subwoofers are important, so you must have to take care of these components. If you will apply additional pressure on the suspension of subwoofers then it may cause of tearing the important components. You should apply an ideal pressure on your device to avoid extra tearing.
It’s to be noticed that frequencies are very important, you should have to gradually increase the frequencies to avoid threats on the working of subwoofers.
Benefits of Breaking in a Subwoofer
Now, that I have explained the entire process of breaking in a subwoofer, you must know the amazing benefits that come with this:
- Break in a subwoofer is important to enhance the quality of sound.
- Break in a subwoofer can rise the life span of subwoofers.
- If you want to secure subwoofers coil, then break in is an important procedure.
This is a simple process, yet requires lots of attention. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions related to this topic.
Team – HowStereo.com
- Do I Need a Subwoofer in My Car?
- Will Any Car Stereo Fit in My Car?
- How to Install Speakers in Car Trunk?
- Best Subwoofer Box Design for Deep Bass
- How to play Youtube Videos in Your Car?
- Pioneer vs Kenwood
- How to Play Video on Car Screen?
- How to get more bass out of your subwoofer?
- How to Install Tweeters to Head Unit?
- Underseat Subwoofer vs Trunk Subwoofer
- How to Clean A Subwoofer?
- How to Adjust Car Stereo for Best Sound?