If you’re a true audiophile, you understand the importance of purity in sound. It’s no wonder you’d want it to come from above and bathe over your entire space. In-ceiling speakers offer just that – a way to spill melodies and vibrating tones down into your very soul.
Not that long ago, these kinds of speakers would have been far too expensive and at times far too difficult to install. But as technology marches on, it seems to be simplifying the cost and installation.
These days, if you’re not afraid of a little work, you can probably install them yourself with relative ease. YouTube offers countless tutorials that aren’t all that difficult to follow. And some of them only require a screwdriver!
If that intimidates you, you can hire a professional who could easily do it for you. But they may not be able to advise you on the best speaker type for you.
Navigating a market offering so much variety isn’t the easiest task, but it doesn’t need to be overly complicated, either. As long as you know the general features you value in your speakers, the selection process may be an easy one.
You may just be looking for a list to confirm what you already know before you actually commit. That’s alright. You might still find it helpful to read through our top picks.
If you have no idea where to start and feel a little overwhelmed, you’ll benefit from our compilation of the best in-ceiling speakers for Atmos. You’re bound to find something that will allow you to experience your sound the way that you want.
Do you simply want to disperse sounds throughout your house so you never miss a moment of your favorite show? Do you want to rock out in the shower to that song that makes you shout? Want to simulate the feel of a cinema in your own home? Or create a calming ambiance to turn your home into a sanctuary?
You really can have it all. And we can help!
Best In-Ceiling Speakers 2022
We’ve compiled a list below detailing seven of the best ceiling-mounted Atmos speakers for you to explore. Please let us help guide you through the contenders, so you can find the type that will best suit your needs (and your budget!).
Our list is numbered, but we didn’t rank the products in any particular order – these are simply our favorites.
- FRAMELESS FLUSH MOUNT IN CEILING SPEAKERS - Wide sound dispersion designed speakers easily integrate with new and existing audio systems, traditional...
- FULL RANGE 3-WAY SOUND - 8" High Rigidity Poly cone woofers with progressive spiders and butyl rubber surrounds, mylar midranges and . 5" mylar...
- FRAMELESS DESIGN - Paintable edge-to-edge grills magnetically attach over the frames giving a frameless appearance, pressure lock mounting system...
Here is an amazing find at a great price – this model seems to be on par with more expensive models in terms of sound quality and overall performance.
Long-lasting, durable parts with a sleek design deliver phenomenal sound dispersion that won’t break your budget. The brand has an almost cult-like following among its fans for a reason and offers great customer service as well.
Installation is relatively easy, and you can paint the grill in order to blend it into your surroundings.
Providing an impressive dimensionality in resonance, these are worth investing in. Warranty is available through major retailers, although the company itself supports its clientele through exceptional customer care.
- Easy installation
- Reasonable price
- Fantastic Sound Dispersion
- Grills can be loose and tough to install
- Not ideal for outdoor settings
- 1” Titanium Tweeter
- 8" Pivoting Cerametallic Woofer
- Horn-loaded technology
Another brand that carries some weight, Klipsch has been delivering audio innovation since 1946. Although the company itself was sold to Audiovox in 2011, the brand continues to be American-owned and made. High-quality parts promise to deliver a deeper range in your sound spectrum.
Installation is easy, and the exterior is paintable. A template comes included with your package, so if you’re a DIY enthusiast, you can tackle the setup yourself. Magnetic covers mean easy access if you want to play around with speaker direction. Customer service is responsive, and you will feel supported if you run into any problems.
Controlled Dispersion Technology directs both high and low frequency sounds to wherever you decide you need them most. Perfect speakers for outdoor settings, these are waterproof and do well in high humidity environments, in case you want to blast some tunes in your bathroom.
The price point is hard to beat with such a versatile product.
- Easy to install
- Crisp, clean, powerful sound
- Plastic toggles can feel a bit flimsy
- The architectural speakers by Sonance for ambient listening. Enjoy crystal clear sound and comfortable listening from anywhere in the room with Sonos...
- Amp unlocks Trueplay, which accounts for the size, construction, and layout of the room where the speakers are placed and adjusts for the best...
- The specially designed round, or optional square, grilles can be painted to match your ceiling.
Virtually disappearing into any ceiling, these paintable, minimalistic speakers deliver an enviable sound. Trueplay technology accounts for the size, construction, and layout of any environment and automatically adjusts the EQ for optimized sound and peak performance.
Hard to argue with an intelligent design that corrects and adapts itself.
Boasting a crossfade that has been designed to provide smooth, all-around sounds at any frequency, these speakers also have dynamic processing that adjusts your bass for low volume listening.
These speakers are priced a bit higher than the previous two but for a good reason. The many automatic features promise to be well worth the price ticket. The crisp, clear sound guarantees an enjoyable ambiance no matter what you’re listening to.
- Easy to install
- Beautiful, clear sound
- Sleek and inconspicuous design
- Amplifier sold separately
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead speakers that elevate the sound quality. ADD TO...
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 1" aimable tweeter for more depth & detail in your music....
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM, KITCHEN, SAUNA AND COVERED PORCH
Possibly the most trusted name in speaker technologies, this is an incredible option at a reasonable price. The brand delivers a consistently great sound with enduring parts that will serve you well for years.
Lightweight polymer cones provide amazing damping and bass response with a solid design and an easily adjustable tweeter. You’re in charge of sound direction and can play with it until you find your perfect position.
Although they are water and rust resistant and do well in bathrooms and high moisture environments, they aren’t meant for exposed outdoor use.
- Water and rust-resistant
- Swivel mounted
- Not suitable for exposed outdoor environments
- BLUETOOTH - Built-in Bluetooth no hassle wireless music streaming from all your favorite Bluetooth enabled devices Perfect for incredible stereo sound...
- CHANGEABLE GRILLS - Includes a pair of round & square stain resistant speaker grills for you to choose Match existing flush mounted designs in your...
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION - Perfect sound wherever you need it Great for existing home theater systems and custom applications this Pyle 2-way in-ceiling...
Offering great value, this is a decent option if you’re working within a budget. Easy setup, seamless sound quality, and a sleek design are all included in a fantastic price. A sturdy body comes equipped with a square or round speaker cover, so you can choose what works better in your space.
Delivering a rich, deep sound, these guys are an impressive find for a low price. Pyle offers great customer service and is very responsive, often providing overnight deliveries for extra parts.
- Super easy installation
- Great price
- Decent sound quality
- Speaker wires short
- Bluetooth amplifier small and not very powerful
- 6.5 inches Polypropylene mica cone woofers (two per package)
- Dual 3/4 inches dome tweeter with SoundMax technology
- 100 Watt maximum input capability
Even if you don’t recognize any of the other brands listed, you have probably heard of Yamaha. As the world’s largest piano manufacturing company, they know a thing or two about sound quality.
A veritable titan in audio equipment technology, they have been an innovation monster since the company’s humble beginnings. Starting with reed organs and expanding into piano production soon thereafter, they’ve clearly had an intimate relationship with sound for a long time.
Delivering a beastly sound performance and having adjustable tweeters make these an easy choice, especially considering the price point. Conveying a clean, pure sound, these are a fantastic middle-of-the-road option.
- Best reviewed
- Recognizable name
- Simple setup
- Individually adjustable
- Poor bass performance in low volume settings
- Size specifications can be confusing
- Compatible with Bluetooth：Independent Digital Amplifier box bring you surround sound effects. allows for wireless music streaming ability and...
- FLUSH MOUNT DESIGN:Compact flush mount design for simple easy installation in-wall / in-ceiling , or pre-cut speaker openings, for in home use,...
- PAINTABLE GRILLS with MAGNETS:makes it easy to attach or remove for quick installation. The large mounting clamp with non-slip tread grips ceilings or...
It’s hard to beat Herdio’s price point. Regardless of the cost, these speakers deliver a punch. The sound is clear and pure without any trade-offs. Bluetooth connectivity provides the option of pairing seamlessly with any device, so you can play your content using your phone, tablet, or computer.
The range is wide and impressive for such a small product.
The waterproof design means you can install these in high moisture areas like your bathroom without any reservations. Paintable grills with magnets make installation a simple process, so you can easily tackle it on your own.
- Simple installation, straightforward setup
- Sleek design
- One Year Limited Warranty
- Bass lacking power
- Misleading Instructions
You should now have a more vivid picture of what might work for your space and wallet. You can absolutely splurge and spoil yourself with the top-of-the-line product if that’s something that’s important to you and you’ve got the money. Treat yourself!
You can opt for the most economical model and still not have to compromise on quality. Even if you’re not looking to spend a fortune, you can still afford a unique sound experience. If you’re also looking to save on installation, the ease of setup will appeal to you.
Middle-of-the-road, well-reviewed Klipsch has our vote as the best pick. If it meets your requirements, you might agree. As we’ve demonstrated, a market saturated with so much variety and choice is bound to give you at least a few options, and as a consumer, you can afford to be choosy.
The kind of environment you’re working with, the sort of ambiance you’re looking to create, and the amount of money you’re willing to spend will all play a part in determining your decision. Be picky. Be selective. It’s worth spending a bit of time researching your options, so you can make the right call.
Lastly, don’t be afraid to reach out directly to companies. If you have specific questions that aren’t being addressed, ask the people that know best. Most of the brands are backed by great customer care, and you may even be able to get a discount if you order directly from the manufacturer.
More Related Articles: